This year we’ll be having Crowfoot and Nils Fredland calling. Same time, same place. Click here to view the Fleur de Lis Fling 2014 Website and Registration Form!
The Louisville Country Dancers host weekly contra dances (including other country dancing) every Monday night at The Church of the Advent on 901 Baxter Avenue, Louisville, Kentucky. Free Lessons begin at 7:30 and we dance from 8-10:30. No partner or experience is required. Enjoy live music and a friendly inclusive dance community that welcomes new dancers.
Additionally, you can join us for more dancing on the first Friday and third Saturday of each month! You’ll be glad you did.
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/divinegrigori/louisvillecountrydancers.org/wp-content/plugins/category-sticky-posts/bz_category_sticky.php on line 159
In May we elected the new board of directors.
- Chairman: Josiah Roberts
- Co-Chair: Bradley Smith
- Treasurer: Barbara Lovejoy
- Secretary: Ted Sims
- Membership: Nikki Mattingly
- Member at large: Ellen Buche
- Member at large: Nick Rockstroh
- Member at large: Ken Shepherd
With the new year, LCD is trying out some new ideas. Take a look at what’s happening!
1. Admission is no longer affected by membership. Instead we are sticking with our age-based model to streamline the entry into the dance. We also tweaked the pricing to help us continue to hire great quality bands for our weekend dances and well-known callers for our Saturday dances.
– 30 and over: $5.00
– Under 30: $3.00
Fridays and Saturdays
– 30 and over: $8.00
– Under 30: $5.00
First-time and Lifetime members are still free!
2. Our first Friday dances now feature open calling! Whether you want to get some practice, get some recognition, or show off your skills, come to our first Friday dances. A sign-up sheet will be available at the door. Just pick a slot (five dances before the break and five after) and fill in your name and the dance you are calling. Friday dances feature special bands from the region and now also will feature a variety of callers. The dance lasts from 8:00 to 11:00.
3. Our New Year’s Techno had to be cancelled at the last minute, but we had a great time with the Coffee Zombies instead! They’ll be back in April, and due to popular demand, we will be rescheduling a techno later on. Our tentative date is the 4th of July, DJ is TBA. Stay tuned for more updates.
If you know of a child or youth in grades 4-12 who loves folk dancing—or who would love folk dancing if they would only give it a try—please bring them to an informational meeting to learn more about Berea College’s Mountain Folk Festival.
This event, now in its 77th year, brings groups of young dancers together for a weekend of folk dance and music. This is a great way to inspire a love of folk dancing in children and youth through experiencing the folk dance world with others their own age (see http://www.berea.edu/mff/ for more details on the event).
The Louisville Country Dancers will sponsor a group of young dancers to attend the 77th annual Mountain Folk Festival in Berea on April 19 and 20, 2013.
To learn more, attend an informational meeting on Monday, March 11, at 6:45 p.m. in the basement at Church of the Advent (901 Baxter Avenue) just before the weekly contra dance. Be sure to bring the child or youth with you to this meeting!
For more information, call or email Patty Kannapel (502.581.0324, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Deborah Denenfeld (502.889.6584,
Check out our spot on WHAS 11 News!