Oh no! It’s happened again and Fleur de Lis Fling has sold out this year! We regret that we can’t offer more space but on Monday November, 17 we will Extend the Weekend for our Monday-night dance. It will feature the band Celador from the weekend and nationally renowned caller Gaye Fifer. You don’t need to register for this dance so if you missed the weekend, then come on Monday to get a taste of what it’s like. For questions, see the Fleur de Lis Fling website at www.loukyfleurfling.org or contact Norm Stewart.
The Louisville Country Dancers host weekly contra dances (including other country dancing) every Monday night at The Church of the Advent on 901 Baxter Avenue, Louisville, Kentucky. Free Lessons begin at 7:30 and we dance from 8-10:30. No partner or experience is required. Enjoy live music and a friendly inclusive dance community that welcomes new dancers.
Additionally, you can join us for more dancing on the first Friday and third Saturday of each month! You’ll be glad you did.
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/divinegrigori/louisvillecountrydancers.org/wp-content/plugins/category-sticky-posts/bz_category_sticky.php on line 159
The board of directors just had our monthly meeting. We are excited to announce that the September 1st Monday dance will feature Keltricity for our 40th Anniversary Dance. Even better is that admission will only be $2 as a throwback to the very first dance we ever had. Come join us and celebrate!
We’d also like to remind everyone that Mondays and Fridays we invite the community to bring snacks for the break. Saturday night snacks will be provided, but we regret to announce that the Saturday night potlucks will be suspended until further notice.
This year we’ll be having Crowfoot and Nils Fredland calling. Same time, same place. Click here to view the Fleur de Lis Fling 2014 Website and Registration Form!
In May we elected the new board of directors.
- Chairman: Josiah Roberts
- Co-Chair: Bradley Smith
- Treasurer: Barbara Lovejoy
- Secretary: Ted Sims
- Membership: Nikki Mattingly
- Member at large: Ellen Buche
- Member at large: Nick Rockstroh
- Member at large: Ken Shepherd
With the new year, LCD is trying out some new ideas. Take a look at what’s happening!
1. Admission is no longer affected by membership. Instead we are sticking with our age-based model to streamline the entry into the dance. We also tweaked the pricing to help us continue to hire great quality bands for our weekend dances and well-known callers for our Saturday dances.
– 30 and over: $5.00
– Under 30: $3.00
Fridays and Saturdays
– 30 and over: $8.00
– Under 30: $5.00
First-time and Lifetime members are still free!
2. Our first Friday dances now feature open calling! Whether you want to get some practice, get some recognition, or show off your skills, come to our first Friday dances. A sign-up sheet will be available at the door. Just pick a slot (five dances before the break and five after) and fill in your name and the dance you are calling. Friday dances feature special bands from the region and now also will feature a variety of callers. The dance lasts from 8:00 to 11:00.
3. Our New Year’s Techno had to be cancelled at the last minute, but we had a great time with the Coffee Zombies instead! They’ll be back in April, and due to popular demand, we will be rescheduling a techno later on. Our tentative date is the 4th of July, DJ is TBA. Stay tuned for more updates.